Georgia Surgicare/Ideal Body Institute is looking for a Phlebotomist to join our growing surgical team in our Loganville, GA location. As a Phlebotomist you will draw blood and other tissue or fluid from patients for testing. The job of a phlebotomist is a rewarding one, since you help people stay healthy and even help save their lives.
Who we are:
Our mission is to provide high-quality, accessible, and affordable surgical care solutions. Georgia SurgiCare/Ideal Body Institute is a surgical group devoted to providing the highest quality healthcare services. Our vision is to become the most respected and successful surgical group in the United States for our patients, members, and partners. At Georgia SurgiCare/Ideal Body Institute, we are experts in incision-less acid reflux treatment surgery and are one of the leading experts on weight loss surgery in Georgia.
Why Georgia SurgiCare?
Georgia SurgiCare improves our patients’ lives through personalized care, exceptional service, and leading-edge treatments. You’re talented and dedicated to high-level patient care. You’ll choose Georgia SurgiCare because you want to work with people who are compassionate, welcoming, friendly, smart, energetic, and dedicated to providing excellent healthcare.
As we change the face of medical management within Physician Group Practices, we’re providing our team members with a friendly, team-oriented culture!
What you get to do:
- Arrange daily activities based on urgency of requests for fluid samples
- Identify patients and their personal information using their ID, documents or other means
- Determine the right venipuncture method based on patient age, health etc.
- Reassure patients and help them relax
- Find veins that are suitable for puncture
- Draw blood using sterilized needles, vials and other equipment
- Ensure optimal quality and quantity of samples
- Label samples correctly and send or deliver them for testing
- Answer patient questions and provide useful information
- Keep accurate records on fluid specimens and tests
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards while working
Who are you:
- Proven experience as a Phlebotomist or Phlebotomy Technician
- Experience with effective puncture techniques
- Understanding of proper patient identification methods
- Knowledge of legal requirements about drawing blood, handling fluid samples and use of relevant medical equipment and material
- Ability to use computers to enter information
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to connect with various types of patients (such as children, elderly, pregnant women) and make them feel comfortable
- Patience and presence of mind
- Diploma in Phlebotomy or extensive on-the-job training
- Certification is a plus
Check us out at www.georgiasurgicare.com and www.idealbodyinstitute.com
· Fastest growing Surgical practice in the Southeastern United States!
· Staff works well together. Excellent supportive team environment.
· Work alongside multiple physicians, clinical leaders, and staff. There is never a dull moment here.
· Your work will be noticed and recognized.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Georgia Surgicare/Ideal Body Institute does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team